Junior Consultant/Consultant in Corporate Sustainability (Full-Time)
Sustainserv, a fifteen-year old Swiss and US based sustainability consultancy, is seeking to hire a full-time junior consultant/consultant for its office in Boston. This team member will participate in a wide variety of projects in sustainability consulting, working for various clients from small and medium sized companies to large multinational corporations in sustainability strategy, quantitative assessments of sustainability and sustainability report development. We are a dynamic, fast moving firm seeking outstanding, high-potential people to join our team, who demonstrate the ability to contribute immediately to our work, and eventually lead projects.
- Support and contribute to multi-stakeholder consulting projects;
- Support clients in sustainability strategy development, quantitative analysis and sustainability program implementation;
- Participate in the development of environmental and sustainability reports, most aligned with the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI);
- Help develop new products and services for our consulting practice in close collaboration with the teams in Boston and Zurich and external partners;
- Assist in marketing and sales approaches for consulting services;
- Assist in the development of project proposals, research reports, white papers, marketing materials, blog articles and other documentation.
We expect that you have:
- A demonstrated interest in, passion for and knowledge of the subject of sustainability;
- An unwavering commitment to quality;
- Outstanding judgment under conditions of uncertainty;
- The ability to be client-facing early in your career with us;
- A fun, wicked smart, highly creative yet still detail-oriented personality
Required qualifications you must have:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in engineering, sciences, journalism/communications, business or related fields;
- Impeccable interpersonal, communication and self-motivation skills;
- Superior writing skills– corporate/journalism/technical writing and editing – and oral presentation skills;
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Things that will give you a clear edge:
- Experience in corporate communications, marketing or public relations;
- 1-3 years experience in a professional consulting firm (environmental, communications or engineering);
- Experience with environmental data accounting, greenhouse gas, energy and/or financial calculations;
- Demonstrable skills in graphic design and or internet/IT technologies;
- Foreign language skills, particularly German, is a strong plus.
Sustainserv is a management consulting firm specialized in the development of corporate sustainability strategy, programs and communications. Founded in 2001 by a team of PhD-trained scientists, Sustainserv has offices in Zurich, Switzerland and Boston, Massachusetts. Our international team combines its expertise in metric-driven analysis to provide comprehensive sustainability solutions that drive business growth. Our experience in different cultures helps us provide our clients with a global view on sustainability issues and build bridges between partners in different parts of the world.