Junior Consultant/Consultant in Corporate Sustainability
Sustainserv, a fifteen-year old Swiss and US based sustainability consultancy, is seeking to hire a full-time junior consultant/consultant for its office in Zurich, Switzerland. This team member will participate in a wide variety of projects in sustainability consulting, working for various clients from small and medium sized companies to large multinational corporations in sustainability strategy, quantitative assessments of sustainability and sustainability report development. We are a dynamic, fast moving firm seeking outstanding, high-potential people to join our team, demonstrate the ability to contribute immediately to our work, and eventually lead projects.
Responsibilities you will have:
- Support clients with a focus on sustainability-related data analytics, and additional contributions to strategy development, communications and program implementation;
- Participate in the development of corporate and sustainability reports, many aligned with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and/or the IIRC Integrated Reporting frameworks;
- Help develop new products and services for our consulting practice in close collaboration with the teams in Boston and Zurich and external partners;
- Assist in marketing and sales approaches for consulting services, including the development of project proposals, research reports, white papers, marketing materials, blog articles and other documentation.
We expect that you have:
- A demonstrated interest in, passion for and knowledge of sustainability;
- Strong skills and experience in environmental data accounting, greenhouse gas, life-cycle analysis, energy and/or financial calculations;
- Outstanding judgment under conditions of uncertainty;
- The ability to be client-facing early in your career with us, and an unwavering commitment to quality;
- A fun, smart, highly creative yet still detail oriented personality
Required qualifications you must have:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in business, sciences, engineering or related fields;
- Impeccable interpersonal, communication and self-motivation skills;
- Superior skills in quantitative analysis, including advanced use of tools such as Microsoft Excel;
- Good writing skills – corporate/journalism/technical writing and editing – and oral presentation skills;
- Professional fluency in English and German, both spoken and written.
Things that will give you a clear edge:
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional consulting firm (environmental, communications or engineering);
- Relevant experience in journalism/communications is a plus;
- Experience in corporate communications, marketing or public relations;
- Demonstrable skills in graphic design and/or internet/IT technologies;
Sustainserv is a management consulting firm specialized in the development of corporate sustainability strategy, programs and communications. Founded in 2001 by a team of PhD-trained scientists, Sustainserv has offices in Zurich, Switzerland and Boston, Massachusetts. Our international team combines its expertise in metric-driven analysis to provide comprehensive sustainability solutions that drive business growth. Our experience in different cultures helps us to provide our clients with a global view on sustainability issues and to build bridges between partners in different parts of the world.
This posting is also published on jobs.ch